How To Rent From Us
TS3Cine Rental Rate: $625/day
Includes Four Batteries and Choice of Lens Mount
Below you’ll find key information to maximize your rental experience.
Business Policies: (download PDF)
• Regular business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm.
• We offer 24-hour emergency support. Call our main number at 617-277-2200 for information on how to reach us outside of regular business hours.
• Openings during non-business hours are subject to labor charges.
• An approved Net 30 Application or Standard Account Application form must be on file prior to release of rental equipment.
• All orders are scheduled as “tentative holds” until confirmed. Confirmation is required by 12:00 noon the day before equipment check-out or pick-up.
• We will notify customers with “tentative holds” if a scheduling conflict should arise. At that time the customer will have the option to confirm the order or release the hold.
• Cancellation of confirmed equipment must be made by 12:00 noon the day before equipment check-out/pick-up in order to avoid rental charges.
• All prices are listed as daily rates unless otherwise noted.
• Weekly rates on long-term rentals are negotiable.
• Everyday in which film or tape “rolls” is billed as a shoot day.
• Prices are subject to change without notice.
• The minimum billable order is $25.
• A 10% surcharge may be added to all orders that are placed without a camera body.
Check-Out & Return Times:
• Equipment check-outs begin at 12:00 noon the business day before your shoot.
• Equipment pick-ups are scheduled between 3:00 and 5:30 pm on the business day before your shoot. Early pick-ups are subject to an additional half-day or full-day rental charge.
• Equipment returns are scheduled between 8:00 and10:00 am on the business day after your shoot. Late returns are subject to an additional half-day or full-day rental charge.
• Special arrangements can be made for check-out, pick-up or return times with advance notice.
• Pre-light or load-in days during which a camera is picked up before 2:00 pm are billed as half days.
• One “weather day” is allowed as a non-billable day for a production experiencing adverse weather conditions. Notification by 12:00 noon the day before the “weather day” is required.
• We reserve the right to charge for equipment on a “weather day” should we incur a loss of rental revenue.
• Camera tests are accommodated at no extra charge providing the test is followed with a camera rental.
• Equipment shipped out-of-town will be billed at a two-day minimum with the rental beginning the day after shipment and continuing until the equipment is returned.
• Greater Boston: $45
• Bus Station: $45 (we ship freight collect, you return freight prepaid)
• Logan Airport: $75
• Within Route 128: $65
• Outside Route 128: Please contact us for rates.
• Time-specific delivery is available at an extra charge. Please contact us for details.
• Due to the high cost of fuel, deliveries may be subject to a per-mile fuel charge.
• Shipments for out-of-state productions are negotiated on a per-job basis.
• All freight/shipment costs are paid for by the customer including any and all sub-rental items. Options for accommodating freight costs include:
…..• Use customer’s FedEx or UPS account number
…..• Use Rule Boston Camera’s FedEx or UPS account number with an additional handling fee.
…..• For customers with established accounts, we will send an invoice for outgoing shipping charges, however, return shipments
…….must be prepaid by the customer.
• The customer is responsible for confirming insurance coverage and any declared value for any and all freight.
The customer must provide Rule Boston Camera with a valid Certificate of Insurance before releasing any and all rental equipment. An insurance waiver charge of 10% of the rental cost with a $2500 deductible will be added to all rentals unless we receive a valid Certificate of Insurance.
We may require that you also provide cash, check or a credit card “hold” for the amount of the property deductible listed on the Certificate of Insurance. The following items must be included in the certificate:
1. Coverage must extend through the time period for which the equipment is rented.
2. Rule Broadcast Systems (Rule Boston Camera) must be listed as “Loss Payee” and “Additional Insured”.
3. Coverage must be written for “Replacement Cost” of the rented equipment.
4 “All Risk Coverage” that is greater than or equal to the replacement cost of all equipment used by the production.
5. When traveling outside the U.S., “All Risk, World-Wide Coverage” for equipment in transit/shipping.
If applicable, please submit a Massachusetts Sales Tax Resale Certificate or Massachusetts Certificate of Exemption.
How to Set-Up An Account
In order to rent equipment, a completed account application should be submitted by fax or e-mail no less than one week prior to your first shoot date to ensure sufficient processing time. First time rentals will be COD. To apply for a Net 30 Account, please download the Net 30 Account Application. A Credit Card Authorization Form is required to run credit cards.
The Rental Contract requires acceptance by signature prior to renting equipment. This document adapts to the standard rental language from PERA (Production Equipment Rental Association).